COI Disclosure Requests
Who: If you are an active or proposed Public Health Service/National Institutes of Health and/or National Science Foundation Investigator or an Investigator on a PHS/NSF compliant project, then please complete the KR COI Annual Disclosure.
What: Answer one yes/no question about whether you have a significant financial interests related to your institutional responsibilities and click "submit"
When: Prior to PHS/NSF compliant proposal submission and at least annually for the duration of an active PHS/NSF compliant award
How: Click the above "KR COI Annual Disclosure" link
- Investigator: include the project director or principal investigator and any other person, regardless of title or position, who is responsible for the design, conduct, or reporting of research funded by PHS/NSF, or proposed for such funding, which may include, for example, collaborators or consultants.
- Significant Financial Interests (includes foreign and domestic interests): Do you, your spouse/registered domestic partner, and/or dependent children have any of the following Significant Financial Interests (including Significant Financial Interests in foreign institutions of higher education and foreign government agencies) related to your Institutional Responsibilities?
- Total income or payment of services received over the past 12 months and/or equity interest (includes any stock, stock option, or other ownership interest, as determined through reference to public prices or other reasonable measures of fair market value) in a publicly traded entity exceeding $5,000 when aggregated
- Total income or payment of services received over the past 12 months from a non-publicly traded entity exceeding $5,000
- Any equity interest (includes any stock, stock option, or other ownership interest) in a non-publicly traded entity
- Total payments received over the past 12 months for any intellectual property rights and interests (e.g., patent, copyright, assigned or licensed to a party other than the Regents) exceeding $5,000
- Note: If you are an active PHS compliant Investigator, sponsored and reimbursed travel is considered a SFI that needs to be disclosed so you are also required to submit travel disclosures through the PHS Travel Log within 30 days of the new significant financial interest.
- Institutional Responsibilities: include an Investigator’s teaching/education, research, outreach, clinical service, and University and public service on behalf of the University of California and directly related to those credentials, expertise and achievements upon which the Investigator’s University of California campus position is based.
- Public Health Service
- National Science Foundation