In response to many requests from faculty members and Deans, another category of organized research program was created: School Center.
These school-based research organizations may be approved by Deans for a defined period of time. The designation as a "School Center" may be advantageous for collaborative research efforts when submitting proposals for gifts, grants, and contracts to extramural sources.
Recognized School Centers are listed below and can be filtered by affiliated school (Note: some centers claim multiple affiliations and therefore will appear under more than one school).
- Claire Trevor School of the Arts
- Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences
- Paul Merage School of Business
- Public Health
- Samueli School of Engineering
- School of Biological Sciences
- School of Education
- School of Humanities
- School of Law
- School of Medicine
- School of Physical Sciences
- School of Social Ecology
- School of Social Sciences
- Sue & Bill Gross School of Nursing
- Susan and Henry Samueli College of Health Sciences